Democracy, The Mobile Web and Joomla!
Date: Thursday, February 17, 2011
Time: 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Location: Personal Computer Museum, 13 Alma St., Brantford, ON, N3R 2G1
(walk up the driveway, use sidewalk left of the residence and enter building in backyard)
This month, we've got Andrew J. Holden & Robert Gerald Porter from CartaNova - they're a full service web design and marketing agency with a collective aspiration for a greener, healthier planet. They help 'green' small business to grow in Canada, the U.S., the UK and Africa. Tonight, they'll be talking about: Democracy, The Mobile Web and Joomla!
Part 1 - Democracy:
- Tim Berners Lee: Long Live the Web
- Wired Magazine: The Web is Dead
- Key Concepts: Universality, Open Standards, Access
- Threats: Some SaaS Models, Walled Gardens, Censorship, 'Gate' Fees
- Towards the Mobile Web; Apple and AOL, FOSS CMS' Platforms
Part 2 - The Mobile Web and Joomla!
- The Opportunity for CMS Sites within the Mobile Web (expanding access)
- Key Principles of Mobile Web Sites (Speed, Usability)
- Access Barriers for Joomla! Sites (Client Types and Pricing)
- What's going on within Joomla! natively (not much)
- What's out there right now (Templates vs. Machine Apps vs. Web Apps)
- All About Testing for Mobile Devices
- What's in the future: Weever, Other Possibilities