Joomla 1.6 (and now, 1.7) has advanced Joomla's codebase leaps and bounds beyond Joomla 1.5. However, for extension developers, supporting both at the same time can be difficult as keeping completely seperate codebases is sometimes necessarily to take advantage of new features. Developers are left with tough choices about which to support, and how to keep the codebase simple so that they can reach the broadest audience and not cause undue stress on either those adopting newer versions of Joomla, or those maintaining their older sites.
Subscribe by Email
Subscribe to the CartaNova Blog and
Receive Our Free Online Marketing Guide.
Our Best Business Tips, Software, and Green Ideas. 12 Issues/yr. Privacy Guaranteed.
- CartaNova News and Media Coverage (22)
- Green Business is Good Business (9)
- Wayfinders and Innovators (6)
- Internet Marketing Tips (10)
- Fun with Science! (and Marketing) (3)
- Open-Source Software Reviews (2)
- Small Business Tips (8)
- CartaNova Code Labs (1)