A Sustainable Web Design Company
We are a full service web design and marketing agency with a collective aspiration for a greener, healthier planet. We help 'green' small business to grow in Canada, the U.S., the UK and Africa.
We establish growth through long-term, mutually-beneficial client relationships. By embracing classic small business principles, we promote individual respect for everyone.
The CartaNova Team:
Andrew J. Holden
CartaNova's "Chief Experience Officer" designs positive experiences for web site visitors, our clients and our employees. Andrew arrived in Canada in 2004 with a background in U.S. Human Rights work and would later expand the successful Holden Creative Web Design into CartaNova in 2010. When he's not studying CSS3 or contributing to Joomla!, his hobbies include astronomy and the arts.
Robert Gerald Porter
CartaNova co-founder Rob Porter has worked on web sites since 1997, both as a freelance web designer for numerous social-profit and arts organizations and as an in-house 'webmaster' for various departments of McMaster University. A PHP programming expert, Rob is also a regional coordinator for Canadian Centres for Teaching Peace, and also has interests in nature, politics, gaming, and writing.
Kathryn Allan, Ph.D
Our copywriter and marketing/design consultant Kathryn Allan holds degrees in English and Communication Studies, and a PhD in English Literature. Kathryn is interested in using her critical thinking and communication skills to help those outside of academia realize their goals for a safer, healthier, and greener future. Her wide-ranging passions include science fiction, bird watching, and biology.
What We Believe:
- Green Business is Good Business.
We specialize in assisting Renewable Energy companies and other green business clients.
We also provide Wind-Power Web Hosting.
- Customer Service Matters. We're known for amazing customer service and long-term client relationships. We're different.
- Simple is Smart. Effective web design and marketing means keeping your message simple, smart and brief. That's what we do.
- It's Good to Get Outdoors. A few times a month we take 'walking meetings' outdoors:
>> View Our Flickr Photostream
- The Web should be Open. We contribute to Free Open-Source Software projects including Joomla! and Magento eCommerce. We believe that powerful software is peer-reviewed, community-supported and affordable.
- Good Work Should Grow. We started as a single-employee business in 2003. We believe in helping good organizations of all sizes to grow into their full potential.
- Good Work Should Inspire. CartaNova means new maps or new star. We believe in helping 'wayfinders' to inspire others towards a greener, better economy.